Every Thursday this summer tune into 91.5 FM, Oberlin College and Community Radio, at 3PM to catch Doc Gooden’s latest sports wisdom on WE CAN STILL GET THESE RUNS BACK. Broadcasting from WOBC’s sports desk, Gooden covers the biggest stories in the wide world of sports from the World Cup of Soccer to your favorite Lake Erie Crushers baseball.
In this week’s special episode, WE CAN GET THESE LEBRONS BACK, Gooden was joined by longtime personalities Tommy Morello and Matt Orenstein to discuss the future of Lebron James. The show also featured a play-by-play reenactment of Wednesday night’s “Keep LBJ in CLE” Crushers’ game. (The final score was Freedom 5, Crushers 4 in 12 innings.) Other highlights include a brief appearance by Coach Orenstrong to promote a newly created sport called “basketball,” and the weekly Weekend Box Office Roundup.
Lebron College and Lebron Community Radio presents: M.A.P.M – Next Year’s Our Year, a punk rock cover of a Cav’s favorite by Michael Stanley.
Visit voiceof2million.com to join the stay Lebron campaign.
Need that extra incentive to keep your Friday night going well into Saturday morning? Look no further than The Jumpoff, a sad, sad denial that everyone’s already gone home. Lucky for us though, Brian and Arielle don’t really care about “everyone”. They just want to play pop music as the sun rises.
Show of The Week status granted.
Here’s some Q+A with bright young DJ Things:
1. How would you describe yourselves? Brian- Handsome.
Arielle- I hate that question and it reminds me of college interviews.
Don’t write that. No no no no no.
2. How would you describe the show? Songs that make your head nod.
3. What inspires you to do your show? Dipset, Young Jeezy, songs we liked in 7th grade, the air horn sound that a lot of rap DJs use these days, hot 97.
4. What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?
Brian-Best Coast-In My Room
Arielle-The Damned-Born to Kill
5. What is your favorite show on WOBC?
BLOW YR GOURD. (Wednesdays @7PM) Adrian Rew runs this city. Cutest boy in town!
6. Favorite foods? Brian-Tacos and hot dogs, Arielle-Pad Thai
7. Favorite holidays? Chanukah. Duh.
8. Final thoughts? Stay awake for our show. 6-8 am saturday mornings. most popular show out. straight fire!
Nominations for next week’s Show of the Week can be made by sending an email to PD@wobc.org
Pictured: DJ Charkira during her prime.
Described as “A pop show specializing in diehard bubblegum pop from the late 90’s- current times. Esoteric, poorly produced and highly addictive tunes,” DJ Charkira gives listeners the motivation to get an early start, and reminds us just how close we are to the weekend (TGIFM, Am I right?).
So with our inaugural “Show Of the Week” feature, we’ve decided to salute DJ Char and “Da Pap”. Here’s a Q+A with ms. pants:
1. How would you describe yourself? Teenybopper grown past their golden years.
2. How would you describe the show? If Miley Cyrus’s little sister (Noah Cyrus) and Taylor Swift’s future child came together to record an album produced by Dreamstreet (Jesse McCartney’s first project before he went solo), you would have It’s Da Pap.
3. What inspires you to do your show? I am inspired by look on the face of the librarians at the oberlin public library when I take out every Vanessa Hudgens album ever made.
4. What are you listening to RIGHT NOW? The new Lady Gaga jam, “Bad Romance”.
5. What is your favorite show on WOBC? Chow Down with Meredith Simon Pearson and Cubby Dimling (Thursday @ 5PM).
6. Favorite food? Chocolate and no nuts.
7. Favorite holiday? T Gives.
8. Final thoughts? SO honored!
Nominations for next week’s Show of the Week can be made in the comments section to this post.