WE ARE BACK IN ACTION FOR THE SEMESTER. LISTEN TO THIS SHOW!!
What is your show called? When is it?
Our show is African Jam Session, Mondays 5-6pm
Describe your show in 3 words:
Crazy. Sexy. Cool.
Sample playlist of show:
1. Pata Pata- Temi Dollface(Nigeria)
3. Batonga- Angelique Kidjo(Benin)
4. Les disques de Mon Pere– Youssoupha (Congo)
5. Vuli Ndlela- Brenda Fassie (South Africa)
6. Premier Gaou-Magic System (Cote d’ Ivoire)
7. Sorkode- Keche (Ghana)
8. Jika- Mi Casa (South Africa)
9. Come Over- Vanessa Mdee (Tanzania)
10. Kognini- Espoir 2000 (Cote d’ Ivoire)
11. Come on Man- Toofan (Togo)
12. I Found A Way- Werrason ft. Mohombi (DRC)
13. 3 Points- Gasmilla (Ghana)
14. Fere Na Fere-Cheick Tidiane Seck (Mali)
15 Sounsoumba – Oumou Sangare (Mali)
16. Motherland by Yvonne Chaka Chaka (South Africa)
What is the biggest inspiration for your show?
The motherland and the dismal lack of African music you hear being played here in the U.S., while in many parts of Africa the billboards are topped with U.S. artists.
If you could have anyone alive or dead listen to your show, who would it be?
We’re 4.5% sure that Lupita Nyong’o already listens, but if she like called in every Monday and was like “Hey guys you’re the best let’s all party with Jared Leto” it would be super awesome.
Mayowa (DJ Pumbaa)- I think I’ll always hold a special spot in my heart for Phoenix, because that was the first concert I went to
Eni (DJ Timon) – BET 106&Park tour It was the best as in it was the cheapest, I got to see Lil Wayne, Ne-Yo, Chris Brown, Young Joc, and some other obscure artists for 10 bucks my freshman year of high school.
What is your favorite WOBC show?
Bruxxsel …we don’t know what the title means, but the music is groovy! Sundays at 9 pm