Fridays 5-6am, Jack Patterson drags himself out of bed and to WOBC and to play “variegated, scintillating ‘vibes’” with “damaged pop sensibilities.” (FROM THE PROGRAM GUIDE — PAPER COPIES AVAILABLE NOW). We know he’s got listeners all over the area every week, so show of the week status granted.
1. How would you describe yourself?
I’m a freshman. I’m from Baltimore. No major. Vibe out hard 2 alot of soundz.
2. How would you describe the show?
I play music I like: psych and electronic, noise/free improv occasionally; I’ve been trying to keep a mix of agreeable vibes and harsher confusing stuff. It’s also fun to layer music on music there in the station, mixing stuff together on the spot.
3. What inspires you to do your show?
1) The death of chillwave. 2) Lil B the Based God, his based world, and based lifestyle (serious about my respect for Lil B and his music, for his extreme levity and experimentation).
4. What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?
Van Dyke Parks‘ Song Cycle
5. What is your favorite show on WOBC?
Tower of Blood/Infinite Valley
6. What is your favorite food?
Korean seafood pancakes.
7. Favorite holidays?
8. Sample Playlist?
Cluster – Hollywood
Fennesz – Made In Hong Kong
Lil B – Ready for Battle
DJ Dog Dick – Lap Dog
Faust – Mamie Is Blue
Sun Araw – Deep Temple
Fenn O’Berg – Floating My Boat
Oval – Storecheck
Oneohtrix Point Never – Zones Without People
9. Final Thoughts?
To vote for next week’s Show of the Week, email firstname.lastname@example.org.