Pictured: DJ Charkira during her prime.
Described as “A pop show specializing in diehard bubblegum pop from the late 90’s- current times. Esoteric, poorly produced and highly addictive tunes,” DJ Charkira gives listeners the motivation to get an early start, and reminds us just how close we are to the weekend (TGIFM, Am I right?).
So with our inaugural “Show Of the Week” feature, we’ve decided to salute DJ Char and “Da Pap”. Here’s a Q+A with ms. pants:
1. How would you describe yourself? Teenybopper grown past their golden years.
2. How would you describe the show? If Miley Cyrus’s little sister (Noah Cyrus) and Taylor Swift’s future child came together to record an album produced by Dreamstreet (Jesse McCartney’s first project before he went solo), you would have It’s Da Pap.
3. What inspires you to do your show? I am inspired by look on the face of the librarians at the oberlin public library when I take out every Vanessa Hudgens album ever made.
4. What are you listening to RIGHT NOW? The new Lady Gaga jam, “Bad Romance”.
5. What is your favorite show on WOBC? Chow Down with Meredith Simon Pearson and Cubby Dimling (Thursday @ 5PM).
6. Favorite food? Chocolate and no nuts.
Nominations for next week’s Show of the Week can be made in the comments section to this post.